Have you ever wanted your site’s content to reach a new audience? Setting up a dedicated Apple News channel is a great way to market your posts to readers who you can potentially convert to paying customers. One of the most popular plugins that will help you publish your WordPress content to Apple News is the Publish to Apple News plugin, which you can download from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
A few days ago the Publish to Apple News WordPress plugin had a brand new version released and was updated to version 1.1.6. The last few versions of this popular plugin have made big strides forward and this latest update is no exception.
A round up of the new and improved features and issues in this update include:
- The meta box appearing as default on posts
- The minimum PHP version being updated to 5.3.6
- Invalid formatting for plugin author name and URI has been fixed
- A bug that automatically published scheduled posts has been fixed
- An issue has been resolved where author names that included hashtags broke the byline format
- Image settings, bundled images and JSON were added to the debug email
- More descriptive error messages from the API response are displayed
Have you published your content to Apple News before? If so, do comment below to share your experience and let us know if you saw a boost in your traffic.