Late last week WordPress announced the availability of WordPress 4.0 Beta 1, though as the software is still in development it is not recommended to run this version on a production site and setting up a dedicated testing site instead.
Ahead of 4.0’s August release, WordPress are asking users to test out the following functionality that the development team been working on:
- The new ‘grid’ view for the Media Library, which allows you to see a larger preview of any attachment
- An improved and ‘freshened up’ plugin install experience
- Widgets are loaded in a separate panel
- The ability to select different languages when running the installation process
- Improvements have been made when it comes to your keyboard and cursor interacting with TinyMCE views, such as the gallery preview