Full-time – Remote – UK-based
AWESEM design, build and optimise websites and are specialists in all things WordPress. We deliver great looking sites, with user-friendly content management systems that search engines love from day one. We are focused on working with clients over the long term, crafting sites that are easy to manage and providing support to ensure their continued optimal operation and client satisfaction.
We pride ourselves on creating products that not only have a visual appeal but also convey a message and connect with the intended audience.
We have around 35 clients spread globally and across a number of industries. The company is going through some very exciting growth and now is the time for us to increase our team to support our growth trajectory.
We value a bundle of qualities: Strong technical capabilities, open-mindedness, fairness, flexibility, good decision making and being practical.
Are you highly organised and results focused? You will be responsible for developing the server-side of our clients’ websites and maintaining the health of our own company websites.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing websites or improving existing ones, we would like to speak to you. As a back end developer, you’ll work closely with our developers to ensure system consistency and improve the user experience of our websites.
Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable websites to meet our company’s needs.
In return for the above we offer a competitive salary and flexible working. Flexible working can bring many welcome benefits (e.g. improved work / life balance, increased job satisfaction, enhanced engagement, motivation and morale). The role is fully remote but must be UK based.
The successful candidate will work remotely, with structured reporting and support from our experienced team and systems.
- Proven work experience of PHP back end development
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages is desirable
- Work on back end tasks at all stages of project build, working closely with the design and front end teams
- Focus on closing down support tickets in a timely manner, keeping the number of open tickets at minimal levels
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content to existing websites
- Troubleshoot PHP, MySQL, and CSS issues related to WordPress websites
- Integrate with third-party APIs
- Work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines
- Work on regular site maintenance tasks, including updates and general website housekeeping
Combination of Skills required
- WordPress, PHP
- GIT version control
- Testing and debugging
- Web performance optimisation
- Creation of custom post types
- Creation of plugins / widgets written to conform to WordPress standards
- Creation of clean, logical, well-documented and reusable code
- Theme / template integration
- Familiarity with Google standards and usability
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Establishing and guiding website architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping to formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
Do you want to be part of our growth & success story? If the answer is yes then please get in touch by completing the form below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 16 April 2021